What’s Opera, Doc?
Folks of Mayhem, we are finally giving an answer to this eternal question.
The end of Season 2 sees Giovanni Jones joining the fray, forming the all-new Opera team, bringing along his reworked partner Leopold, Valkyrie Bugs, and Siegfried Elmer as the cast.
With this, we’ve reworked their kits and reworded some skills. These are the skills that have been reworked (for brevity, we’re skipping skills that only suffered wording changes)
The following changes will go live tomorrow.
- Old text: Deals 85% damage and remove 35% Turn Meter from the target enemy.
- New text: Deal 95% damage to target enemy, removing 35% Turn Meter.
- Take Over
- Old text: This toon gains Taunt and Defense Up for 2 turns. Steal all Positive Status Effects from the target.
- New text: Gain Taunt and 3 Defense up for 2 turns. Flip all Stat up on the target, then Steal all Buffs.
- Gran Finale
- Old text: Deals 145% damage to the target enemy and 75% damage to all other enemies.
- New text: Deals 145% damage to the target enemy and 75% damage to all other enemies. Inflict an Attack Down for 2 turns to all enemies for each Opera ally.
- High and Low
- Old text: Deal 60% damage to the target enemy. Convert 3 Positive Effects from it and 3 Negative Effects from this toon.
- New text: Deal 100% damage to the target enemy, Flipping 3 Buffs on it. Flip 2 Debuffs on all Opera team members.
- Old text: While taunting, this toon has +40% Defense.
- New text: While this toon has Taunt, it has +40% Defense. While it lacks Taunt, it has +20% Speed.
- Magic Helmet
- Old text: This toon’s attacks have +50% Critical Chance. Whenever a team member lands a critical hit or gains a Knowledge counter, gain Heal Over Time.
- New text: This toon has +50% Critical Chance. Whenever a team member lands a critical hit, gain Heal Over Time.
- Odin’s Might
- Old text: Gain Taunt and 3 Defense Up for 2 turns, plus 3 Heal Over Time.
- New text: Gain Taunt, 4 Defense Up, and 3 Heal Over Time. If Valkyrie Bugs is an ally, Heal for 25% Max Health.
- Lightning Storm
- Old text: Stuns the target enemy and deals 70% damage to all enemies. This Attack can be a critical hit.
- New text: Deal 90% damage to all enemies, Stunning the Target enemy. Grant 3 Debuff Resistance Up for 2 turns to all Opera team members. This Attack can be a critical hit.
- Call of Valhalla
- Old text: Whenever a toon is defeated, this toon gains 10% more Attack until the end of the battle.
- New text: Whenever an ally loses Taunt, if this toon lacks Taunt, gain 25% Turn Meter. Whenever this toon loses Taunt, grant allied Defenders that lack Taunt 25% Turn Meter.
Siegfried Elmer’s Archetype passive changed to Valiant Protector, reinforcing his role as a rather offensive Defender
- Valkyrie’s Cry
- Old text: Deals 100% damage to the target enemy. This toon gains Speed Up for 2 turns.
- New text: Deal 100% damage to the target enemy, gaining 2 Speed Up for 2 turns.
- Valkyries’ Blessing
- Old text: All team members receive a 50% heal and Heal Over Time. Remove up to 5 Negative Status Effects from each of them.
- New text: Heal your team for 75% heal-power, granting them Heal Over Time and removing 5 Debuffs from each.
- Silent Contemplation
- Old text: Causes 30% damage, Silence for 4 turns and Damage Over Time for 4 turns to the target enemy.
- New text: Deal 75% damage to the target enemy, inflicting Silence and damage Over Time for 4 turns.
- Eir’s Favorite
- Old text: At the beginning of this toon’s turn, a random ally gains Defense Up, Attack Up, Speed Up, Critical Chance Up, Counter Chance Up, and Dodge Chance Up.
- New text: At the start of this toon’s turns, grant one of each Stat Up to a random ally for 3 turns. If that ally is an Opera toon, grant them 1 of each Special Stat Up for 3 turns.
- Call the Cavalry
- Old text: Deals 100% damage to all enemies and reduces Turn Meters by 30%.
- New text: Deal 100% damage to all enemies, removing 30% Turn Meter from each. If Siegfried Elmer is an ally, inflict 3 Stat Down for 2 turns to all enemies.
Valkyrie Bugs’ Archetype passive changed to Humbling Presence, reducing the necessity for her to attack while still maintaining her Debuffing role